Lefty’s Best BBQ Salmon Recipe
Salmon fillets, skin on
Old Bay Seasoning
Lefty’s Best BBQ Sauce
1. Prepare a medium to hot charcoal fire or preheat gas grill to high. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place fillets skin side down in baking dish or sheet pan with sides.
2. Whisk together 1 part lemon juice to 2 parts olive oil until well blended and creamy yellow.
3. Brush each fillet with the lemon oil and season each with Old Bay to taste.
4. Place the fillets, skin side up on the grill and leave them be for 5-7 minutes. Meantime, spread a thin layer of BBQ sauce on the bottom of the baking pan.
5. Use a metal spatula to carefully flip the fillets and continue to grill, skin side down—but not for long— 2-3 minutes.
6. Transfer the fillets to the lightly sauced baking pan, top each with more of the sauce, and place in the oven to finish cooking, approx. 20 minutes.
*Oven cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your fillets. When they are firm, but still springy to the touch, they’re perfect. Enjoy!